Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The messy Woodworker

Day 2.  I thought that I would try to clean something up today



On March 12, 2013, I looked at my messy workroom and I thought something needs to be done.  So I thought that I would take some pictures of my room and post it on a blog.  I would then blog my progress to make my workroom presentable and organized.  It's not that I don't get anything done, I do get items started and finished.  It's just that I must spend a lot of time clearing out areas so that I can work in a certain area and I also lose (misplace) items and I can spend a lot of time searching for it. 



I know I can clean one area, the problem is cleaning the entire room. The first picture was my table saw before cleaning, (second picture).  As you can see in picture 3 and 4, my room is a mess!

My main tools are my Dewalt 788 Scroll saw and my Delta Planner which I brought new.  A Cumm ings drill press that I inheritated.  I have a Model 1000 Legacy,  a Cal-Hawk Band saw with 6 inch extender  , a Ring Master, A Delta 6 inch grinder, an Incra sliding table all of  which I got off Craigslist. 

As I learn how to blog I'll label things and hopefully show you a clean and organized room!  I know that I will probably need to sell at least one or two items.  The Ryobi Sliding miter saw and the band saw are two items that I'm thinking of selling to make room.

Wood is also a big problem for me.  I don't have a good system to store it and I'm not quick enough to build items to get rid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment